If you want to bring a clean yet striking design to your Christmas cards this year, why not give this rustic wreath look a go?
You only need a few items to put this together.
- Smooth cardstock
- Stamps of your choice (I used the branch and a greeting from Christmas Elegance)
- Dies of your choice (I used the largest Labels 17 Nestabilities die to make the card blank and the smallest label to cut the mask)
- Post-it notes
1. Create a regular card blank from the cardstock but to give it a fancy touch, run it through a die cutting machine with a large label die. You need to align the die so that as much as possible of the spine of the card blank remains intact.
2. Cut a small label from the sticky end of a post-it note - this will be your mask.
3. Position the mask on your card blank and using the branch stamp, stamp over the mask to create the look of a wreath. The great thing about using the post-it is you can peel it away to see how your design is progressing and stick it back down again if you need to build up the wreath further.
4. For the finishing touch, stamp your greeting in the middle and accent the berries of the wreath's branches with red Stickles.