With the school term ending, I decided to make a simple gift for my son’s teachers. Having seen online, a couple of conical basket, I decided to try and create one.
1) Trim double-sided patterned paper into 10x10”.
2) Roll the paper into a cone shape.
3) Mark out the top edges with a pencil. Punch the edge using a border punch. I used a Fiskars heart border punch. (You can omit this part if you wish)
4) Glue the seam using double-sided tape (or any other glue).
5) To decorate the bottom of the cone, cut out a small square piece of music sheet. Frill the ends by cutting them into stripes. Curl it using a scissors. Adhere to the bottom of the cone. Add a trimming around it.
6) Decorate the conical basket accordingly. Tracing the bird from a template, I used the Backgrounds stamp set to decorate it.
7) Punch two holes at the side of the basket. Attach a ribbon and any embellishment you fancy.
8) I used the Tag It stamp set to create the tag.
9) Finally, fill the basket with pot pourri.
So now you have a simple but practical gift. I think I might just be doing a few to hang them in the house!